Thursday, January 10, 2013

21 day sugar free challenge: Day 1

Today wasn't motivational at all: I ate way more than I was hungry for. Strictly speaking I never actually did consume any refined sugar, but the quantities of the food I ate speak  for themselves. I had a huge sugar craving and spend most of the day at home, so I was around food all day and just kep consistently eating. 

The day started off pretty well, besides for the fact that I slept till 11am because I couldn't sleep last night.
I had a bowl of greenbeans with an egg and some mustard, a delicious and nutritious breakfast.

The problem started after that: I got a major sugar craving and tried to satisfy it with handfulls of almonds, 9 rice cakes with 1 tsp of honey on each, 100% fruit compote. A joghurt with rice cakes and honey followed a few hours after that. Then a bowl of air-popped popcorn with stevia and spices. Then I left for school and still had 2 100% fruit bars and 1 pretzel on the way home. 

Now it is dinner time, and I am planning on having a light salad to stock up on vitamins for today. To be honest, it isn't very easy to admit what I ate today. It isn't inspiring to anyone nor it is good motivation or anything I am especially proud of. 
At least I have some very valuable lessons I learned today, that I am going to try to live by (especially) this week:
  - Don't stay home alone all day. Get out, bring your food, and be more productive!
  - Don't eat food when you are sad, frustrated and/or stressed out.
  - Don't try to satisfy your sugar craving more than once. It was never fully satisfied and it would have been       a better idea to just wait till it goes away.
  - Always keep fresh fruit on hand (for said sugar cravings)

I most definietly hope that tomorrow will be a better day, and will put all of my efforts towards it.

Stay stong, tomorrow is another day!

xxx Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment